Monday, December 9, 2013

Love You Eternally

Today I wanted the world to stop and acknowledge a year's time since Mom's passing ~ but it didn't.  Life moved on with its everyday stuff.  It felt normal.  Too normal.  I wanted tears and gnashing of teeth, but what came were small waves of sadness.

Indeed, they say that time heals all wounds, but I think they've got it wrong.  My wounds are not healed; they are manageable.  Her loss is still great, but it has been reduced to tender moments rather than mounds of grief.

When I think of Mom and Dad passing on the same day ~ the 9th ~ albeit different months and different years, it makes me smile.  They were together 62 years, why wouldn't they exit life out the same door?  But when I stop and dwell on the reality that I am an orphan, the smile fades and I cling only to the memories.

Today, it is about lifting up Mom's memories.  I cannot move further into another year without her, unless I first acknowledge her loss and embrace her love that still shines within me.

Here's looking at you, Mom!  I hope you are enjoying heaven as much as you enjoyed life on earth. 


No comments: