

It's Spring and I'm totally enchanted with the birds in my yard. I'd like to think that they are attracted by the perfect habitat I created for them; but the fact remains, I didn't choose them, they chose me -- or I should say, they chose my vines, my trees. It's thrilling to watch them build their nest, knowing that tiny life will emerge weeks later. It's sad when a nest is built in an unsafe location, open to danger from blowing winds and predatory animals.
Jesus taught about a metaphor about building our lives on rock (Truth) not sand (lies and illusions).
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." (Matthew 7:24-27)
No comments:
Post a Comment