Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Expect to be Amazed
Expectation and amazement. Too often believers don't expect much of anything from their God, the God of relationships, and they are so infrequently amazed because they aren't even seeing what God is doing. I know that was true of me until I made the decision to expect to hear from God, and expect to be amazed by Him. I can honestly say I'm not always hearing what I expect or want to hear, which means I'm so busy whining that I fail to be amazed. But in looking back, He has always been faithful and I experience time-lapse amazement.
I am amazed by the complexity, multiplicity and sheer beauty of the plants flourishing in my back yard. I am amazed that "our" hummingbird comes back every year to dine on "his" astromeria in my sheltered garden. I am amazed at the annual ritual of new life that emerges from bird nests in my trees.
I am amazed at the uniqueness of each person born, both in physical characteristics and special strengths and talents. I am amazed at the evolution of my son from a babe to a young man. I am amazed at my dad's enduring love even though he passed away a year ago.
I am amazed that God was walking with me even when I didn't know, or care, that He was there. I am amazed that He so loved me, and so wanted an intimate relationship with me that He pursued me relentlessly, passionately.
I am amazed at the simplicity and complexity of life. And I expect to be continued to be amazed by His hand on it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment