Friday, December 19, 2008

A Gift of Peace

a month of giving

I would like to share with you a portion of an email I received from Gail Gilpin, Director of Disciple Ministries at our church. She reminds us that the Prince of Peace came for us all. Accept it as His holy gift to you.

# # #

The Prince of Peace arrived in a humble stable at a time when nobody but the high priest could enter the Holy of Holies – once a year. Yet the angels proclaimed the Messiah’s arrival to lowly shepherds and encouraged them to go see the baby. Imagine – little boys were permitted into His holy presence. The Lord is There welcomes us all into his presence. He came with gifts for us – including his blessed peace.

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27

He has created a covenant of peace with his people (Is 54:10). He tells us to love truth and peace (Zechariah 8:19) and even commands us to seek peace and pursue it (Psalm 34:14). You know how to do that . . . Seek him first and his righteousness!

Tell everyone who needs to be reminded and encouraged – let’s spread his Peace this Christmas. May the peace beyond understanding dwell in your hearts and bless you and your family.

No comments: